[at-l] The Gathering

The time approaches once again.  I haven't been able to attend since 1999.
This has been a miserable situation for me every October.

This year I was sure that by the time October came around, I'd be situated
over there within hog calling range of anywhere and anything I wanted to attend.
 Sadly, my house hasn't sold though.

I'm trying to figure if there is ANY way I can get there.  The options are
pathetic.

I could drive and camp at parks all the way over there with my body guard,
GRIZ, in the back seat.  She could go to a good kennel when I got in range.  It
tends to be too hot at Concorde with too few shade trees to leave her in the
car, and I am one of those who likes to attend all the seminars I can work in.

My fear is that my poor old Accord might give out in route, leaving me in a
very, very bad position.

This has the additional plus of my being able to go to look at some of the
places I have been contemplating as possibilities for my future home.

I could fly into Atlanta, Cincinnati, or to Dulles, for instance, if someone
were willing to give me a ride to and from not only Concorde from elsewhere
but also from where we camp.

This has the advantage of not having to bring along GRIZ or having to rely on
my poor old vehicle.  A major disadvantage is that I absolutely despise
flying (but maybe not enough to prefer not going to The Gathering).

Any suggestions?

Sawnie Robertson
Kinnickinic