[at-l] Dehydrated Meals

I have sort of been lurking on this topic, but hotdog
mentioned the dreaded ramin noodles, so I have to jump in.
The Vietnamese make a rive noodle that 'cooks' almost
instantly when hot liquid is added to them.  Even in the
lehigh valley there are several places tha sell Pho (Ox stew
and rice noodles).  They are very light and very inexpensive.

I would not even think of eating anything freeze dried.  I am
on a low salt diet and they they all have way too much salt.
Besides I would rather carry a three days supply of food and
eat real food rather than carry five or six days of freeze
dried.

Grey Owl