[at-l] Normal Recovery Time, Generally Speaking

In a message dated 9/6/2004 7:42:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lpark@uvm.edu
writes:

Hey  all,

To all you long distance hikers out there, I'm wondering how long  it
took for your body to recover from the pounding you gave it on your
hike.  A month has passed since I finished my thruhike, and though my
knees continue to recover and strengthen, I find I still can't negotiate
stairs at a normal walking pace.  Jogging is still prohibitive,  too.
Remarks, anyone?

Hop

**
I was still taking Advil for a few months after my hike (my joint  pain
continued long after my hike ended). . Then one day, I just didn't
need it any more. My joints were better, my stairs didn't bother
me any more, and a month or so later I was able to jog a little.
I won't talk about the slow but persistent weight gain.... ;-)

Short answer: I felt better in 3-4 months.

hotdog AT 03

A year ago today....

The Hundred mile Wilderness.
"I  started the day with a big town breakfast at Augusta  House
Of  Pancakes" .... "I  finished the day at the Antlers campsite North
of  Jo Mary Road. What a great campsite this is, right on the Lower
Jo-Mary  lake. A beautiful place with the water shimmering, and the
sunlight  shining on the trees along the opposite shoreline, the nearly
full  moon shining on the water at night, and a bed of pine needles
as  a mattress to sleep on. I have to go back and stay here again,
it  was so peaceful. " ..."I  wanted to sit and soak in the beauty here
(for  a few days). And the privy here?. Cool." ...
4  days to go...