[at-l] trains from the AT into NYC

In going thru old AT-L digests that filled my e-mail in-box while out
hiking in NJ and NY, I saw the thread about the train into NYC from the
AT.  Having just returned from using ye olde trains up that way, I
thought I would pass on my experience . . . first, the Harlem line that
goes right to the AT station only STOPS at the AT station on weekends .
. . if you take it on other days, you will just get to look at the AT
whizzing by the window . . . a good second bet if you need to get in or
out of NYC on other days is to use the station on the next line over
that runs thru the town of Garrison, NY.  That station runs 7 days a
week, and is about a 3 mile walk (sometimes can get a hitch) from the
Greymoor monastary - often the folks at the St. Christopher Inn will
give you a ride into Garrison . . .

Thru-Thinker