[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 17, Issue 4

In a message dated 9/3/2004 9:34:03 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
at-l-request@backcountry.net writes:

> I remember it well. It was 1939, I believe. I was 8-years-old.

If I'd known him, I would have thought he was wonderfully old too.  I had
just entered the first grade and envied all age seven and above their "oldness,"
which gave them greater height, the ability to read and write already,
fleetness, physical strength (prestige, in other words).  Of course, Hitler was
entering other people's homelands.  I accompanied my mother to a Bundles for
Brittain meeting and thus received my first and only knitting lessons.  A hurricane
a couple of thousands of miles north probably was not even reported on our
radio, which didn't look anything like the radios of today. :-)

Kinnickinic