From: <PUDSCRAWLER@aol.com>
To: <WomenHikers@yahoogroups.com>; <AT-L@backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:04 PM
Subject: [at-l] The Frances Forecast

Well, you can be sure, each of you in the coastal areas of the South, there
is someone over here in Colorado wringing her hands over your predicament.
I'm
 glad that you have the advantage that hurricane forecasters give you.  It
makes me wonder how people survived, if they did, back in the 1800s in those
lower states when these storms came through.  I read history all the time.
It's
one of my passions.  I just don't remember much being reported about storms
and their devastation before 1900.  Perhaps it's the terminology that has
caused
me to miss them.  Maybe they just called them "storms" or "cyclones."

Anyway, this one looks very bad.  It occurs to me that there are others
besides friends and families who are watching the news with a great deal of
apprehension.  I'll bet those insurance companies are beside themselves.

I hope that each of you is covered.  And, remember, we'll be waiting to hear
from you.  Mi casa es su casa.  I'm just sad that it is so far away and am
still fervently hoping it will be attracted northEAST and then will stay the
course.

Take care.

Sawnie
(Kinnickinic)