  From: Bror8588@aol.com
  To: gadog430@charter.net ; Bluetrail@aol.com ; at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 3:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] Hurricane Frances

  In a message dated 9/1/04 15:22:23 Eastern Daylight Time, gadog430@charter.net writes:

    You can't get money out of an ATM if there is no power.
    What if you need to leave?
    Dawg

  I guess it is prudent to have a couple of hundred dollars in a safety/emergency place for evacuation/transportation needs.  If using AMTRAK or a major Bus Line, then a credit card may be able to be used.   But the cash is a good thing to have.  Besides, if you get a craving for some ice cream then you will have the money at hand.