[at-l] Wanting to quit, now that's over, he'd like to start again!

http://www.dailylocal.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12813737&BRD=1671&PAG=461&dept_id=17782&rfi=6

Each year, only about 500 of the thousands of people who start hiking the Appalachian Trail actually finish. On Feb. 23, it took everything Dan Pizzulli had to not give up before he even started.

"I was insanely out of shape and I hadn?t done any real physical activity since high school," the 25-year-old Oxford native said. "The start trail was 8.8 miles and it was insanely hard. I wanted to quit right then."

But Pizzulli?s commitment to both himself and his friend, Matt Furches, propelled him to move forward.

Last week, six months after setting out on their journey, the two arrived, 2,174.1 miles later, at the summit of Mt. Katahdin and the end of the Appalachian Trail.

See URL for the rest of the article