[at-l] 2005 SORUCK (08/29/04) Kitchen Planning

Pittsia hurts my feeling by writing, "OB will be doing his Blueberry
Pancakes on Saturday morning, but someone needs to keep an eye on him!!!"
Now I know why he was cooking next to me. And I thought it was to satisfy
his evil cravings for the Atkins Cult Diet!

The general thing about the kitchen is keeping things clean and the numbers
of folks down around the hot stuff. It is always a great idea for folks to
treat this like a covered dish supper, and bring something to contribute to
at least two meals. If we expand into Friday and Monday (I just hit a
Subway thru Westminister), I'd suggest that a three meal contribution be
planned. However, I've always seen food discarded or taken home each end of
RUCK.

If I recall correctly, we have two upright fridges, a chest freezer and the
great outdoors for storage. If we go into Monday, I suggest that some
consider bringing the ingredients (possibly the cooking/serving dish) and
plan on making something during one of the slide shows. We have more stoves
and burners than you can shake a Leki at.

Snacks are a big deal. I had folks thinking I was an honorable man when I
brought 5 pounds of pistachios. Butter patties and other condiments make
things easy. Bread is king! Sodas and juices are cool. Trash bags are
essential. Many of us _need_ salads.

I'm getting my voice warmed up for Saturday AM wake up call.

OrangeBug