[at-l] Baxter Reservations

why does all of this sound like an LSAT question ?
----- Original Message -----
From: "ellen" <ellen@clinic.net>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 4:26 PM
Subject: [at-l] Baxter Reservations

The following is for REservations in Baxter State Park. As in the past,
Northbounders can register when they arrive, depending on space available.
Southbounders must register in advance.

The new policy seeks to avoid people camping out on New Years in Millinocket
to get the spots they want in the perennially crowded "wilderness."

No. Don't ask me questions. Contact the park. I was just looking for some
flower photos for a newsletter and ran across them and thought them
interesting, since all the dates my wife had free this year were filled when
I tried to make reservations.

Weary

"New Reservation Policies Effective January 1, 2005
(Two-year trial )
These new procedures represent our effort to ensure reservations in Baxter
State Park are available to a broad range of interested people with a
variety of fair opportunities to obtain those reservations.

"Walk-in reservations shall be accepted on or after the same date of the
month, four (4) months prior to the starting date of the desired reservation

"Typical example: If a camper desires to make a reservation for five (5)
days starting on July 15 the reservation shall be processed no earlier than
March 15 of that year.

"Mail-in reservations shall be accepted in the BSP office not earlier than
one week (7 days) prior to the first date for a walk-in reservation.

"Typical example: If a camper desires to make a reservation for five (5)
days starting on July 15 the reservation shall be accepted no earlier than
March 8 of that year and shall be processed no earlier than March 15 of that
year.

"No reservations will be made when our office is closed, but shall be
accepted on the next Baxter State Park business day.

"Special Situations in 2005:

"Reservations with the beginning date of June 29 or 30 shall be accepted on
or after March 1.

"Reservations with a beginning date of August 31 shall be accepted on or
after May 2.

"Single Opening Day. In 2005 there will be a single Opening Day on Tuesday,
January 18, when a walk-in customer may make up to two (2) reservations for
any campground for any date during the camping season.

"There is a limit of two (2) reservations per day for each person making
walk-in or mail-in reservations.

"* A reservation is an arrangement by which accommodations are secured for
consecutive nights of lodging in Baxter State Park.

"Length of stay: Reservations shall be accepted for up to seven (7) days for
any one (1) site and any one (1) campground and up to two weeks (14 days)
total duration.

"Phone-in reservations shall be accepted no earlier than ten (10) days prior
to the first date of the desired reservation. There shall be a limit of one
(1) phone-in reservation per call per day. Phone-in reservations must be
paid by credit card."

Baxter State Park
Reservations
64 Balsam Drive