[at-l] Early Section Planning Damascus to Allen Gap in November

Thanks for the advice. The back surgery appears pretty much a non-issue, at
least until another bulge turns into a disc extrusion. The knee injury was
simply the problem of being out of shape while going too fast on a long
down hill. It was an identical injury/pain experienced on my first adult AT
hike with probably 50-60 pounds for a Memorial Day weekend stroll from
Horsepen Gap to Springer.

I'll probably use Naprosyn/Aleve for analgesia, as it last longer and is
much lighter for benefit. Then again, a little opiate might be nice for the
evening. ;-)

I'm beginning to recognize that the Databook is often more helpful than a
map. I'll also grab a copy of the ALDHA Companion on the area.

OrangeBug