[at-l] 2005 SoRUCK fund raisers...

Pittsburgh here -

The money from the 2004 SoRUCK fundraisers went right back to Camp
Thornwell, to help improve the facilities.  The fund-raising events - a
spare gear "garage sale", and a $3.00 soup/salad lunch  - were quite
painless, and provided a small amount of money for distribution
(something over $300 last year, if I remember correctly).  I expect
that both of these events will be a part of the 2005 SoRUCK...

For 2005, we should identify a current (A.T. related) fund-raising
need.  Our group can be very generous when challenged.  Somewhere
around $5000.00 - yes FIVE-THOUSAND DOLLARS - was raised a few years
back in conjunction with efforts begun at a Pennsylvania RUCK.  This
money went to "The Place" - the hostel in Damascus - for needed
improvements to the facility.  Please help in identifying where the
need exists this year, and any additional ways to raise funds...

FYI - The event at the PA RUCK that raised most of the funds was an
auction.  A bunch of hiking related stuff - new and used - was donated
from attendees, listers, businesses and the ATC.  The RUCK attendees,
in an outpouring of generosity, bid an excess of $3000 (if I remember
correctly) for these items.  The remaining money came from
cyber-auctions and donations via the list...

Pittsburgh, Barb, Ryan