[at-l] Hiking parents, was What's Wrong with This Picture?

On Thursday, August 19, 2004, at 09:55  PM, Jim Bullard wrote:

> At 08:16 PM 8/19/2004 -0500, Felix wrote:
>> I actually know very few hikers who have hiking parents.
>
> Me too/neither. In fact I'm the only hiker screwball in the entire
> clan, mine and my wife's. Don't know where I got it. A virus maybe?
> What do you think OB? Would that be good for a research project? Of
> course no one here wants to be 'cured' so I suppose not.
>
> Canvass time: How many on AT-L had hiking parents?

Neither of my parents are hikers, though when I was a six we drove
around the
country and they did some trails here and there.  The hiker in my
family in their
generation is my uncle.  Last time he was in town we went on a walk at
the local
wildlife sanctuary.  :)

-amy