OT [at-l] What's Wrong with This Picture?

At 12:39 AM 8/20/2004 +0000, rcli4@comcast.net wrote:
>My daughter, that had this baby that you folks don't think should have
>been born,

No body said that. Please don't take this discussion personally.

>  was a straight A student in school.  She could have been anything she
> wished and in fact she done just that.  She teaches elementary
> school.  She incorporates "green" into her lessons wherever she
> can.  Other teachers in her school have taken her lead and do the same.  Her e
>  ducation was paid for by people paying me to plant trees in their yard.

Good for her and good for you.

>What do you live in?

A 'recycled' 2 room schoolhouse.

>How many trees have you planted.

Not sure. I didn't keep track. Several hundred for sure.

>  What makes you think you have the right to question my (Or anyone
> else's) daughter's decision to have a child.

I wasn't questioning anyone's right to have children, just pointing out
that we're coming to a crunch time in terms of growth and not thinking
about the consequences of continuing as we are could be a bad thing for
future generations.

>I have been a part of this list for a long time and usually just shake my
>head at the foolish UN thought out opinions of people.  Today you have
>pissed me off.

Sorry about that Clyde. Didn't mean it that way.