From: Mountain Maiden
To: yugrekih@yahoo.com ; Jan Leitschuh ; mtnstream73@eufaula.rr.com ; thornel@attglobal.net
Cc: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 1:20 PM
Subject: [at-l] 2005 SO RUCK

Greetings All!

Camp Thornwell is available Martin Luther King Holiday for the 2005 SO RUCK if the "powers that be" so decide. Everyone is most welcome here!

Since last year was our first year to "host" this event---all suggestions are welcome. Anything we can do to make it more comfortable or more enjoyable will be considered.

Some have mentioned that they would have preferred more "hiking opportunities."  there are several great options.  I think the weather was the real deterrent this year. Like Jan said--nice to be inside near the fireplace!

Selfishly, I enjoyed having everyone visit in the dead of winter.  Amazing what warm hiker friendships can do for the soul in January!

Plenty of firewood and space----Please come again!

Sunrise and Sunset