[at-l] 2005 RUCKus a da South...

Pittsburg, I really liked having the SORuck in S. Carolina at Camp
Thornwell.  In my communications with Sunny, it sounds like we are welcome
there again, provided of course that Sunny continues to be in charge there.

I enjoyed the Ruck last year. I thought the camp was a beautiful location,
and will be planning to attend there again if that is the location.  The
rain we had last year inhibited us from being able to enjoy the surroundings
as much as I would have liked, so I'd love the chance to go back again,
hoping that the weather cooperates a little better.  I guess the only
negative I see to having it there is if a major southern snow storm hit the
area, many of us without 4 wheel drive might not be able to get into the
area, but we can always hope that doesn't happen.

I am willing to consider other locations, but am not particularly enthused
with the idea of Gooch Gap in Jan. as much as I like the area.  I've been
there in March when the temps hit 20 degrees and it was dang cold.  Don't
think I'd enjoy sitting around talking and watching videos much in those
temps.  I was on Springer last New Year's eve and I enjoyed what time I
spent on the mountain top but I was cold much of the time, and returned to
the parking lot to sleep inside my van.  Many people really enjoy the very
cold temps but some of us wuss out below 25-30 and in winter you can never
really know in the N. Georgia mountains how low the temps may be.

Just my 2 cents
Swallowtail