[at-l] Hike Cut Short due to broken little toe

On Saturday, August 14, 2004, at 08:05  PM, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> I think Coosa's looking for free advice.? In your many broken toes,
> what has the Doc ever advised that couldn't be taken here?

My doc advised that the broken bone in my foot would need pins if it
didn't mend
properly, and I should be careful with it while it was healing - which
didn't include
walking up and down rocky mountains.

> My "free advice", keep on hiking until it's unbearable and then some.

I've heard that one before.. but I want to keep walking until I'm old,
on joints
that are as arthritis-free as possible.
--amy