[at-l] Hike Related---

On Aug. 22, I'm leaving home (an hour north of Durham) to go to the trail to hike.  I hope to begin at Fox Creek on Monday morning, the 23rd, hiking north for about 40 miles.  Does anyone on the list live up that way?  Who's the best shuttler?  I'm just about out of the range of Mt. Rogers Outfitters, especially after I've gone 40 more miles north.  Which end would be best for leaving my car, or should I leave it in the middle (Atkins?).  Should I even go to Atkins?  I need advice here from those who have gone before me.  Thanks.  anklebear

P.S.  I'd dearly love some company on this hike.  Anyone want to join me?