[at-l] Hurricane Charley

Well Bonney visited the coast of Maine Friday with some heavy rains. I took advantage of the wet day to replace the range hood over my stove that broke down several years ago. It took all day. I'm not great at juggling things over my head. But the duct tape from my water bottle finally came in handy.

Today is hazy sunny, very warm and muggy. Just enough rain remained from Bonney in fact to impress people on the hike I lead this morning on one of our town land trust lands that is the subject of a $50,000 fund-raising campaign, even as we write.

A stream flowing from a bog on our property produces a nice seasonal waterfall -- ususally dry this time of a year, but flowing nicely this morning.

It'll be even better Monday. Charlie is supposed to give us three inches of rain tomorrow.

Weary