Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 11:51 AM
To: ellen@clinic.net
Subject: RE: [at-l] Hikers for Bush [OT] er... I mean Hikers for Kerry
[private]

Weary,

I send this privately as I will refrain from making any further comment that smacks of politics on AT-L.

God doesn't speak to me in those terms. I think that you misunderstood me.  My position is that AT-L should not be high jacked for election/political campaigns.  Discuss and debate elsewhere, in my opinion.  Yes, the trail was a result of a decision in Washington, but it wasn't an election campaign decision.  If there is a specific AT trail issue that the Kerry or Bush folks advocate or dis-advocate, fine, address that.  But keep the Bush and Kerry campaign issues, war in Iraq, the Democrat Governor of NJ and his fetish out of AT-L.

My point to Hummingbird was:  The Hikers for Kerry folder on a DNC web site will only have slap-on-the-back Kerry fans talking to each other.  rusty