[at-l] Finding the truth ...

At 08:18 AM 8/11/2004 -0400, Coosa Donaldson wrote:
>From: "Steve Adams" <stephensadams@hotmail.com>
>Truth is, your parents liked you better.
>***********
>
>My Mom has confessed to me that she loved my brother more than I when we
>were children.  My Dad is one of these "balancing acts" and tries very
>hard to love and do for each of us exactly the same percentage.  If my
>brother needs money for some project, my Dad finds a way to give me the
>exact same amount.
>
>I never knew any of that until I was a waaay grown adult.  It doesn't
>matter.  I see the glass half full, I eat my dessert first, I find humor
>everywhere I look and to top it all off, I'm a blessing everywhere I go.
>
>You'll have to ask my brother about that half-empty glass, though.

Unfortunately it is not uncommon for parents to favor one child over
another and it is sometimes difficult to avoid. My wife's parents notably
favored their youngest (a son) over his two older sisters. It took many
years for my wife to reconcile her feelings over their obvious favoritism.
OTOH different children have different needs and sometimes a parents
efforts to respond appropriately to those needs can be misinterpreted by
siblings as favoritism. In the end it is your attitude that gets you though
life, not what your parents doled out in material goods. I'd say that your
attitude toward life in general has served you well.