[at-l] Thru-hikers at Pinkham Notch

HI folks,

Remember our hiking days???  It's August up here in NH/VT.  AND, yesterday,
on the summit of Mt. Washington it was 28 degrees and iced over!

Met Chiggers at Pinkham Notch, today.  Had a very nice, long, conversation
with her.  Said she was hiking with a group on exposed cairn-to-cairn
journey up there [didn't know where, but I suspect b/w Lake of the Clouds
and Madison, maybe Edmond's Col] and one of her group got lost in the fog
and ice.  They were very worried but later discovered that he went off a
side trail dropped a couple of hundred feet and tented in a sheltered area.
He turned up later the next morning at Madison.

She was having the time of her life and has s.l.o.w.e.d down to savor the
journey to Katahdin.

Expect to see her at the Gathering.

Also, had a delightful time once again with Hawk Methney [sp] AT'93 at the
Notch.

Blessings.  rusty