[at-l] Newbie

Hey Joe,

Welcome to the world of hiking where pain is enevitable, but misery is
optional.  Ill fitting boots could certainly be a problem.  Except for the steepest
downhills your toes shouldn't be hitting the fronts.  You may try lacing your
boots a little tighter and  cushioning insoles will help.  It also helps
tremendously if you use two hiking poles to help ease the downward pressure.

It's not uncoomon to "feel old" after a good 10-12 mile hike, atleast until
your body adjust to the rigors. Hang in there and enjoy,

Sly

In a message dated 8/8/2004 8:54:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,