[at-l] Roadrunner tent Q

Anyone out there have a NorthFace Roadrunner tent?  I bought one back in the spring off of ebay.  For $150 I got the tent in brand new condition with all of the poles, rainfly, footprint, gear loft, stakes, and stuff & compression sacks as well, but it didn't come with any instructions.  Didn't figure that would be a prob at the time.

I used it a couple of times for Girl Scout camps over the past couple of months, but didn't have to use the rainfly.  I went to set it up with the rainfly in my back yard last evening, but had a real b!t@h of a time getting the rainfly to tighten down like it should.  Something is wrong, and I guess those little plastic thingies towards the ends of the ropes got sumpin to do wit it.

I've played with it and played with it to no avail.  I even looked up the instructions on the NorthFace website, but they don't go into much detail on that particular part of it all.  I asked my husband for advice, and he just eat that up.  You see...I'm not one much for asking for help.  <G>  He played with it and played with it...but when he brought out the duck tape with a gleam in his eye and started up this evil cackle...I quickly ran between him and my poor unsuspecting tent.  It was then that I knew I was going to have to swallow my pride and go to the wise folk on the at-l.

Please, someone help me protect my tent from the evil DucktapeMeister!!!!!

Shelly Hale