[at-l] OT War & Hazardous Duty Pay - WAAY off topic

rcli4@comcast.net wrote:

> I put off jumping in on this because I wonder if it is a trail topic.

[[R:]]
Hey Clyde!

What can I say?  The guy (and all of his top advisers) scares me silly
on nearly every front.

Everything the federal government does costs money Clyde.  Since an
actual, significant reduction in the size and scope of federal
government isn't a realistic expectation for any administration, it
comes down to us voters to decide where we want to spend that money.

I don't mind paying higher tax to fund environmental policies which are
actually protective.
Ask your local teachers if 'no child left behind' has been good for
students or just cost a lot.
Oh, and that tax cut check you got back... ask your state government
where that money came from and how they made up for it (hint: state
taxes went up by exactly that amount  in most states)

>     ###Kissing France's ass is not in my best interest

[[R:]] like it or not, we are a part of this world.  I'm not suggesting
kissing France's Ass, and Kerry's not either.  Think about it in terms
of your business though... if you pissed off all of your suppliers and
customers, your company would have closed up fairly quickly.
The U.S. isn't going to become a closed border nation any time soon, and
therefore we have to get along in the world with countries who can and
will help us, as well as those who may not.

>     ###I am a white male, this cost me money, I have never violated
>     anyones civil rights

[[R:]] I don't figure you have Clyde, but there are lots of folks in
this country who aren't white heterosexual adult males.

>     ###If bedroom activities were kept in the bedroom we would all be
>     better off

[[R:]] no doubt, but the laws being forwarded now (plus many already on
the books) make it illegal for many bedroom activities to occur.

>     <>
>     > 25. he hasn't proved himself to be a xenophobic, deceptive,
>     > aggressive, dolt who's unable to focus on the real threat
>     ###This is just hateful, it takes away from your credibility

[[R:]] I might be persuaded to take back the 'dolt' part, but it would
require him to keep his lips closed for a while so as not to prove me
right.  ;-) (just pokin' you with a stick now) ;-)
Honestly, is it any worse than what was said about Clinton or what is
now being said about Kerry?

>     ###Do we know who will replace them?

[[R:]]  The way I figure it, there isn't anyone he could choose who
would be worse, and many more who would be far better.

-r