[at-l] PCT 02 hiker and much more, Capetown Jenny

This e-mail was just posted on PCT-L. Besides hiking
the PCT in 02, Jenny also hiked the AT in in 1998 (if
I remember correectly). A loss to all who knew her.

*******

CAPETOWN JENNY - PCT '02

August 4th, 2004.

>From Dennis Huddleston, her cousin.

It is with great sadness that I report to all of you
who knew and loved her,
or had even briefly met her, and loved her, that Cape
Town Jenny died today,
at about four oclock, at Reynolds Plantation, eighty
miles east of Atlanta.

Until three weeks ago, she had told no one, not even
her husband, David,
that she had had a breast lump for several years.

She slowly slipped into a coma yesterday, and died
peacefully in her sleep
this afternoon, with David at her side. She was fifty
two.

She was a veteran of the Appalachian Trail and the
Pacific Crest Trail,
where she had met and made innumerable friends.

Her passing is mourned by her friends, sister and
other family members.

(Note from Linda Jeffers - An hour ago David came to
my home to tell me of
Jenny's passing. I asked him to write something for
her friends.  David has
attached a photo of Jenny to this e-mail he just sent
to me. You may view
the photo David sent at
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=75309. I
have also uploaded another photo of Capetown on the
next journal entry
page.)

=====
--Thoreau