[at-l] Burning river childhood memories

<But only rarely is the outfalls from storm drains and sewage plant outfalls enough to prohibit wildlife from thriving. Gone are the days of rivers catching fire, and people waking up at night vomiting from the stench of nearby rivers. The reason? Clean water laws treated everyone more or less equally. All polluters had to do some clean up.>

One of my most vivid childhood memories was visiting my grandparents one weekend in Akron when the Cyahoga River caught fire in 1969.  We made a day out of driving over and watching the fire.  At the time it was pretty neat (but then, I was 12 at the time and lots of things seemed neat).

Black&blue