[at-l] Week-End Hike---

While the list is quiet, I'll put in a trip report.

On Wednesday, we traveled to Williamsburg for the wedding of our youngest child Maggie.  We wanted to get there before the mass of out-of-town guests arrived.  It rained.  Every day.  Rain.  Rain.  More rain.

There were a million things to do which required walking.  And we partied well and thoroughly with friends from every phase of our lives, who remarkably all really liked each other.

On Saturday afternoon, wearing gold three inch heels with ankle straps, I hiked down the aisle of St. Martin's Episcopal Church on the arm of our son.  Somehow, I managed not to fall over or otherwise embarrass the family.  Let me tell you, I'd have been a lot happier and more confident in a pair of trail runners.  But I looked clean and neat, so all was not lost.

The wedding went splendidly, and the couple were happy and beautiful together.  As a benediction after the wedding, a Large turtle happened across the church lawn.  Our daughter is a big turtle fan.

After much more partying, the week-end seemed done.  But, no, some guests who were coming home with us wanted to see Williamsburg and Jamestown before they drove here, then back to Texas.  We spent Sunday afternoon walking the old part of Williamsburg, then Jamestown, all during oppressive heat and humidity and thunder and black clouds.  It didn't rain until after dark, though.  We had a grand ride on the Scotland/Jamestown ferry, then plodded our way home, arriving sometime after 10:00 p.m.

After touring our guests around our home area and seeing them off, we're in rest phase, taking a zero day.  My feet, ankles, and calves are still trying to recover from those heels.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful week-end, too.

anklebear