[at-l] Back from Boston

Friday, I flew up to Boston after the rush of DNC Delegates had scattered
across our nation to continue their campaigns. The younger dotter picked me up
at Logan, and introduced me immediately to the subterranean roller coaster and
thrill ride of the Big Dig.

And did we have fun! We boiled food as seen in Lost in Translation at a little
Chinatown restaurant. We drove all over Cambridge and Boston's north end and
city center. We went to a B&B in Brookline, where apparently some DNC
delegation had visited.

For Saturday, we got up early and hit breakfast near Quincy Market, did Boston
on Foot with the Heart of the Freedom Trail tour, visited shops in Quincy
Market including the DNC souvenir shop (neat Kerry playing cards), bought some
new trail runners, viewed freebie furniture of some folks moving to their new
home (got dotter some great stainless bowls and helped a guy load a roll-around
file cabinet), enjoyed an Indian meal much as David A. cooks on trail with lamb
cubes and hot stuff with rice, saw Much Ado about Nothing on the Boston Commons
(nothing about the FDA) and returned to B&B exhausted.

For Sunday, up early again, Freedom Trail to Bunker Hill, the Constitution, sat
by the harbor watching how long loons can stay underwater (at least 5 minutes),
breakfasted with bikers & blue collars in a little cafe in Everett, blew down
to the JFK library, visited Quincy and John Adam's home (neither he nor David
McCullough were in, but it was even more up close and personal than
Williamsburg or Monticello), and visited the Sant' Agrippa Fiesta before
hitting the airport at 2:30.

I saw Joy street, but it never occured to me to look for the AMC offices.

What a wonderful weekend for a Southern redneck.

OrangeBug