[at-l] Fresh wild blueberries. Mmmmmm, blueberries.

We went on a quick overnight up in the Mt Rogers area Friday, mostly just to
get the heck out of town. The weather was threatening showers and
thunderstorms -- perfect gear testing weather -- but we didn't get a drop.
What we did get was three Nalgene bottles full of wild blueberries.

The berries are terrific this year -- much larger than last summer, juicy
and plump and delicious. I just finished making cornmeal pancakes with wild
blueberries, and they were *tasty*. If anyone wants to head up there, the
best berries were along the eastern part of the Pine Mountain Trail
(farthest from Rhododendron Gap), but there were plenty of good ones down
near the Wise Shelter, too. Higher up and out in the open, they weren't ripe
yet.

(As a by the way, as I was cooking the pancakes this morning, I was having
flashbacks to the first SORUCK, with Orangebug cooking blueberry pancakes in
that tiny kitchen in the cabin at Goose Creek.)

Cheers,

Ken B