[at-l] Hiking the Cohos Trail

Quoting Bror8588@aol.com:
> I hope that the lucky guy is a hiker.

That he is, although he's not sure about the distances my feet seem to want to
wander.  But he's fully supportive of me heading out there.  He thinks I don't
carry enough "stuff" but has begun to now laughingly respond to his own
questions about what I'm *not* carrying with "I know - - it weighs too much".
I tell him that I don't care what he carries, just as long as he doesn't expect
me to carry it, and as long as I get to play with his 'toys' when we camp
(things such as a night scope!).  He spent 20 years in the Navy, doing things
like being a SERE instructor (Survive, Evade, Resist, Escape) - so he knows
things about being in the woods that I have no idea about, and he has always
been active in the Scouts (including leading a troop now).  But my lightweight
ideas are new to him.

He'll be teaching high school in Gorham this fall - teaching Computer Science,
Business Math and Ecology (the last because the science dept. head saw his
resume and jumped on the chance to offer that course again).  My house is
almost exactly halfway between North Conway (where I work) and Gorham (where
he'll be working) so he's got his house up for sale.  A busy busy time.

Oh - and his daughter will be giving birth to his first grandchild next week, so
I'm trying to plan my first week on the trail with the option of coming off for
a day to go see her (she and I have really hit it off well, and she's told him
that he may not be allowed in the door if he doesn't bring me with him!).
Can't believe I'm going to be a grandmother next week (ok - stepgrandmother,
and maybe I can actually put off thinking of myself that way until the
wedding??).

off to work with me now!
suzie