[at-l] at-l new topic

In a message dated 7/27/04 19:24:28 Eastern Daylight Time,
janiek@bellsouth.net writes:

> I think it would be a travesty to change RSP into anything other than it
> > >already is!  What do you fellow listers think?  Can we SAVE RSP???????
> >
> > What do you propose?

Aside from the right of the owner to do with his or her own property whatever
is good for the owner (without damaging the environment) there are
possibilities.

Here's a thought with a question.  First, the question(s) (I just thought of
another).
How many cabins are on the property? AND are they available by the cabin (for
purchase)?

The thought: this past weekend I visited a Cabin Colony on Long Island (16
cabins) which have been sold individually as a part of a cooperative venture.
This all happened some years ago and owners pass them down to their families
over the years.  Two of my friends were able to purchase their cabins for very
little money (compared to rentals and purchases in the Hamptons of Long
Island).  Perhaps it would be possible for several people to purchase individual
cabins at the RSP and thus preserve them for future generations.

Another thought: I spent a weekend with a group of friends in Montauk at a
Hotel/Motel/Inn on the Sound.  We often discuss purchasing an estate or a large
house (the difference between the two escapes me but I think it has to do with
the amount of property involved), to share as a communal type of living (we
all like each other a lot).  Are there people who might purchase RSP as a group
and still maintain the campsites and perhaps some cabins for commercial use
to help pay the taxes or interest payments or even the principle of the
purchase?  Is this feasible?  Is it wise?  Is there interest?  Could it happen?

What do you think?

Skylander