[at-l] Greenway plan a natural, groups say

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b1_3greenwayjul26,0,2301956.story?coll=all-newslocal-hed

Let's bottle this and give it to other towns!!!  Read this article!
snippet:
The plan points out greenway areas ? Hugh Moore Park in Easton, railways that have been converted to trails, and the Blue Mountain, for example ? and recommends linking some trails and adding signs so people know where to access trails and other areas.
snippet:
''The greenways in our community are disappearing like crazy due to development. It's not a plan to stop development but to preserve greenways,'' said Kate Brandes, a member of the program's steering committee and an employee of the Wildlands Conservancy's Bethlehem office.
snippet:
Besides protecting the environment, greenways protect the economy, the plan says. By preserving the surrounding habitat, home values are preserved. House-hunters are willing to pay more for homes near greenways because the areas are more scenic and because they believe the quality of life will be greater near greenways than elsewhere.

''People can have that rural type of environment minutes from their home,'' said Robin Reese, a steering committee member.
end of snippets.

I think this is something we can all use to promote greenways in our areas!
Coosa Donaldson
Dog daze of summer were made
for Casey & Crockett.