[at-l] Alligator Attack---

R&R's continuing saga about the lady landscaper who was attacked by an alligator near where he lives made the Richmond paper today.  I'm copying it out myself, because I could never find it online to cut and paste.  It's a very sad story.  anklebear

Florida woman dies from injuries in alligator attack

Fort Myers, Fla.---A woman died yesterday after being mauled two days earlier by a 12-foot alligator that dragged her into a pond and nearly tore off one of her arms.

Janie Melsek, 54, was attacked as she worked on landscaping behind a home on Sanibel Island.

Police killed the 457-pound alligator, which required six men to lift it to shore.  Since 1973, there have been 13 deadly alligator attacks in Florida.