[at-l] Huh? Is this good for the AT or not?

The rezoning sounds like a bad deal for the AT. It looks like special
interest zoning for one particular property owner. Without knowing exactly
what rural conservation zoning permits, it sounds compatible with AT values.
It also sounds like the town has the flexibility for allowing some other
uses so why change to allow less control.

Recreational commercial uses, in spite of some benign examples, might
include things like the driving course we are already fighting.

For most of Blue Mt, development at the base is not visible from the AT
because of the broad top and heavy forest cover with relatively few actual
viewpoints. However noise is always a problem so the potential for more
traffic or noisy neighbors is something to be avoided.

---