[at-l] Gator Attack (OT)

             If you remember my post about nearly walking into an 11 foot
alligator at night on my walk, today a 54 year-old woman doing some lawn work was
grabbed from behind by a 12 foot alligator a mile from here. Details are
sketchy, but she managed to grab hold of something right before being dragged into
a pond. She was up to her shoulders with the gator latched on to her right
arm with her left arm apparently wound up in a line or something. Neighbors
alerted police who arrived and shot the gator dead. The news said she suffered
mauling of the buttocks. Tonight she is in critical condition in a local
hospital...