[at-l] National Geographic Adventure / Paresis

skeeter discusses the above article and wonders about the problem of
numbness. In another posting, there is discussion of peripheral neuropathy.
I suspect these are related.

Numbness can occur for a variety of reasons. I suspect the NGA article was
on "paresthesias", or strange sensations that occur from nerve injury. I
have it from my disk disease and repair earlier this year, although less
severe. The "balled up wet sock" under my right metatarsal arch is much
smaller and less a problem. I now understand how a person can have numbness
and pain simultaneously.

All kinds of things can cause these problems, including nutrition,
diabetes, injury, disk disease, aging, pressure and so forth.

Treatment varies, from watchful waiting to surgery to medications.

YMMV, talk to a real world doctor if you have it.

OrangeBug