[at-l] Magiical hiking moments/places . . .

Yes, those trips that result in terror seem to create great stories and
fondness later. I remember how frightened I was in the blizzard in the
Smokies back in March 2001. I've only recently learned that the weather
station for the Asheville Airport was way down near Hendersonville, making
my conditions up in Tricorner Knob that much more severe (-10F down there).

But the bright sun on the snow, the clear skies and following the fox
prints made the walk to Carter Gap Shelter that much better.

BTW, I'm getting really close to making a 2 week hike sometime around
Thanksgiving from Hot Springs to Damascus. Does any one have advice about
weather and other preparations? I recall some SOBO's having trouble on Max
Patch in November a few years ago. I want to celebrate freedom, not get
myself frozen.

OrangeBug