[at-l] AHS was Bush opens forest roads

There are plenty of Republicans who believe in conservation. That is my
point exactly. But the leftists, apparently not you Coosa, have adopted a
virulently democratic political stance. My point is that they would have a
much better chance of getting _some_ of what they want by moving to the
center. If a republican supports one of their positions, work with him.

The absolutely partisan state of the Congress right now means that nothing
can get passed without a supermajority of 60 votes in the Senate. I don't
see any sign that either party will achive that majority in the near future.

The big example of this foolishness right now is the forest thinning
problem. If the Sierra Club worked honestly with the administration they
might be able to influence the inevitable policy. Fires burning down peoples
homes generates such a political storm that neither party will be able to
resist it. Its especially true when you get the park service starting the
fires in the first place. But the environmentalists rather than adopting a
realpolitik plan and influencing the final outcome have instead put their
heads firmly in the sand.

The same can be said of a lot of people on the list.

Bryan

 Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!