[at-l] FantasyLand <OFF TOPIC> {Was: Did Any of You See This?---}

I salute your genius, investigation and prose!

If only it had something to do with the AT and/or reality.

Have you shown that there were _no_ clinical trials prior to approval of
that agent.  Have you shown that this was a failure of your government with
checks and balances, even among agencies of the Executive Branch? It is
really not uncommon nor a scandal that adverse events result in drug
withdrawal and restrictions after marketing. There is a major difference in
a premarket, Phase III, study with a few hundred carefully selected
patients and real world thousands and millions of patients in the first
couple of years. That event resulted in several efforts to slow down
product approval and increase placebo control studies.

If you wanted to cite some current history, Serzone might have been a
better argument. You might have even discussed FDA's very recent efforts to
force pharmaceutical companies to publicize unfavorable studies, such as
the lack of studies showing benefit of Paxil in depressed adolescents.
Rhabdomyalysis from some statins has been a problem, with Baycor a great
example of post-marketing problems.

Go take some Dammital and calm down.

OrangeBug

<Didn't Tambocor occur during Bush I?>