[at-l] Did Any of You See This?---

Take a deep breath and read the original note.

Cox-2 inhibitors also have GI bleeding as a frequent side effect, especially
when taken chronically. Vioxx is the second of the Cox 2 inhibitor NSAIDs on
the US market. Celebrex was the first. Mobic and Bextra are the third and
fourth. If you have a population that takes them long enough, some of that
population will have GI bleeds, whether they are surgeons or hikers. The
relative benefit regarding GI bleeds appears to vanish somewhere around 6
months.

This is a great deal like comparing Granny Smiths to Red Delicious apples.
Similar color, shape, source and benefit. To much apple pie will still hurt
your tummy.

Of course, if your only source of medical advice is pharmaceutical advertising
on your favorite news channel, you probably will get a number of things wrong.

OrangeBug