[at-l] Sustainable Forestry

At 06:58 AM 7/16/2004 +0000, camojack@comcast.net wrote:
>Did you know that we actually have more "wilderness" in North
>  America than there is in all of Africa? (Percentage of Africa that is
> wilderness: 28%; percent of America that is wilderness : 38%) You should
> get the picture by now...but I shan't hold my breath.
>-"Camo"

Just curious Camo, but where did you get that statistic? And what was their
definition of "wilderness"?

FWIW - According to
<http://www.leaveitwild.org/reports/zogby_poll_results_0103.pdf> only 4.7%
of the US is designated wilderness and most Americans don't believe that is
enough. That was true of voters from both major parties.