[at-l] Knee Surgery (on-topic)

My limited experience post cartilage repair, then removal has been that a
knee brace helps in the early stages of a hike.  Last summer by late summer
it was excess weight.  I still wear it on days where I'm doing more
lifting/carrying than usual, and/or foul weather days.  As to their
usefulness, The holding in of heat seems to be a major part of it's
therapeutic value, as well as the downside in heat rash.

Black Wolfe

> I've seen lots of folks use knee braces, primarily neoprene things. I
don't
> know how useful they actually are. I've seen a few hikers discard them
> after a hundred miles or so of GA PUDs. I've seen others bale out at Gooch
Gap.