[at-l] Bush opens forest roads

Gee Kelly, I thought you worked in a lawyer firm and dealt with this stuff
all the time. :)

Bryan is as disoriented as ever. He confused my general observation
regarding the history of the states rights debate with a specific argument
regarding forest roads then quoted statutes/cases dealing with
establishment of highways. His choice of "facts" ignores that the roadless
rule was upheld in court (Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals) in Dec. 2002.
Evidently Bryan believes that once laws and rules are in place they cannot
be changed even by the legally established procedures such as those that
were followed for the roadless rule, unless of course the same procedures
are used to get rid of the roadless rule. Then it's legal and okay. Before
it can take effect, the change proposed by Bush has to go through the same
18 month public hearing/comment process as the roadless rule did when it
was established under Clinton. With a bit of luck and voter turnout, Bush
won't be around to finalize it.

At 11:08 PM 7/14/2004 -0400, GoVolsKelly@aol.com wrote:
>It's no wonder our government is so screwed up.  Who the hell understands
>this shit?
>
>In a message dated 7/14/2004 9:51:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>jbryankramer@msn.com writes:
>

>>Let me shine a little legal history on this subject: the law that applies is
>>R.S. 2477
>>
>>"Revised Statutes 2477 (R.S. 2477) states, in its entirety:

(etc.)