[at-l] Answer me this - a clothing query

In a message dated 7/11/04 23:04:28 Eastern Daylight Time,
lorac4491@linkamerica.net writes:

> So THE QUESTION is: for an "ultra-light" company, why does golite produce
> so many different yet similar articles of gear?  I can understand a couple
> styles/fill weights of sleeping bags/blankets.  But ALL those "jackets" and

The answer is (to my mind at least) Freedom to Choose.  You don't have to buy
everything offered.  You can choose to buy that item that fills your need and
desire.  Others will buy the other stuff.  Of course, if you wanted to be
real "stylish" on the trail you could buy them all and bounce them up the trail
for a change of clothes and everyone would wonder how you could look so fresh
and yet pack so light.

The motto "Take what you like and leave the rest" applies here, as well as in
other circles.

Skylander