[at-l] Good News from the Alpine Rose Resort !

In a message dated 7/9/04 9:07:38 PM, lorac4491@linkamerica.net writes:

> The Monroe County Planning Commission declared that the final plans
> detailing the Alpine Rose Resort land development plans do not differ substantially
> from preliminary plans, in a letter that was read during Wednesday's Eldred
> Township meeting.

             ***     Sorry Coosa, but if you read this correctly it is saying
that the paid-off Planning Commission is making a symbolic gesture in order
to suggest real concern that doesn't really exist and that the plan will mostly
go through unopposed. This is easy to do with an environmentally hostile
administration giving these people confidence...

              The majority plan will later be approved by these people while
they shake hands and laugh with the dev... ah, developer. Remember, they said
ATC was concerned with deforestation! They did - yep. They said it they did...

          What I'd really like to see is Michael Moore catching the developer
say "I don't give a *&^% about the Appalachian Trail" in an unguarded
moment...