[at-l] Hiking anyone?

BB> Would  an "Umbrella Policy" in the range of one million dollars do
BB> it? Sometimes these can be purchased for a time limited period...

(Hope this doesn't get too boring)

I think you're talking about two different things.

An  umbrella  policy provides added coverage above and beyond existing
policies.   You  have to have a certain amount of existing coverage to
begin with.

For  example,  a  $1,000,000  umbrella  policy may require you to have
basic  homeowners  and  auto liability coverage of $250,000.  In other
words,  the  umbrella  policy  covers  losses  between  $250,001  and
$1,000,000.

For certain situations, you can buy temporary liability coverage for a
brief   period.    I   think   that's what you're talking about. I bet
some  carrier might write "hiking insurance".  Summer camps and YMCA's
must buy this type of coverage. It might cost you and arm and a leg.