[at-l] (no subject)

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b3_1grants-rjul07,0,4216250.story?coll=all-newslocal-hed

A state-supported effort aimed at protecting Blue Mountain and the rest of the Kittatinny Ridge is moving into a new phase, with $210,000 in fresh grants from the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
<anip>
Kittatinny Ridge is home to valuable watersheds, delicate ridge lines, open spaces the state would like to see preserved and trails, including sections of the Appalachian Trail, that are popular with hikers.

''The Kittatinny is of particular importance to us because it is an important flight pattern for birds in the commonwealth,'' Williamson said.

lots more good info regarding conservation and protecting the environment in the article.

Coosa Donaldson
< "In essential, unity; in doubtful matters,
liberty;  in all things, charity." >
Casey&Crockett Donaldson
We think, therefore we hike!
We also kayak, so we're 'deep' thinkers, too.
Shop Local, Shop Often
Blairsville, Georgia, USofA