[at-l] Taking land in the name of the AT or the NA?

In a message dated 7/6/04 5:11:44 AM, lorac4491@linkamerica.net writes:

> The loser here is the Preston Mountain Club and maybe the entire State of?
> Connecticut -- or someone wish to debate that?? Looks like the AT wins all
> the way around from the article.

             ***    The Preston Mountain Club doesn't seem to mind the land
being taken for AT buffer. The main conflict is whether or not the land
belonged to the Tribe. So, if it did belong to the Tribe they aren't owed any money
anyway, so the 10 years waiting for payment is moot.

          I don't know what the Tribe's legal grounds are for claiming the
condemned land post-decision. I suppose they would be weak considering the
buffer is already designated and in possession. The real issue would be who gets
the money then...