[at-l] Virginia Retired & Senior Volunteers Needed

Call the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program at 1-800-883-4122 or 635-7141, Ext. 303, for more information about these and other volunteer opportunities in Winchester, Warren, Clarke and Frederick counties:

* Belle Grove needs docent volunteers to give tours of the plantation and share history with visitors. Training provided. Service league volunteers are also needed to help with special events, including bulk mailings.

* The Old Court House Civil War Museum needs volunteers to serve as tour guides and as cashiers in the gift shop. The museum, in down town Winchester, is open Friday-Sunday. For Civil War history buffs, this is a great volunteer opportunity.

* The Environmental Alliance for Senior Involvement, at the request of the National Park Service, is seeking volunteers that like to hike the Appalachian trail and would help with monitoring water sources along the trail and report their findings on a Web page. This volunteer position requires a person who is computer comfortable and has access to the Internet. For more information on this volunteer opportunity, contact Tom Benjamin at EASI, via his email address: tom@easi.org.

Hey, on the last one, you could do a bit of trailangeling.

Coosa Donaldson
<I know we've got highly qualified personnel on the list.>
Casey&Crockett Donaldson
We think, therefore we hike!
We also kayak, so we're 'deep' thinkers, too.
Shop Local, Shop Often
Blairsville, Georgia, USofA